The market baskets are popular not only because they look great, they are just so versatile:
- Like the name suggests, we think these baskets are perfect for collecting goods at the market, fill your basket up with organic produce at the farmer’s market.
- A much more environmentally friendly option for your regular grocery shopping.
- The size is ideal for storage of toys in the kids room or playroom, books, CD’s, DVD’s magazines, the list is endless!
- With their unique and vibrant designs, the market baskets make a lovely decorative piece for the bohemian inspired home.
- We love taking our woven basket along with us to the beach, it is the perfect size to fit towels, sunscreen, sandals, snacks and sunglasses.
- Similarly, our African baskets make ideal picnic baskets as they can easily fit a picnic blanket, drinks and snacks for the perfect picnic.
Our African market baskets come in many design options, from a simple natural style – in closed or open weave – to a mixed variety of coloured baskets. The coloured baskets are a reflection of the traditional vibrant colours commonly seen in Ghanaian fashion. View the full range of Market Baskets here.
Each market basket is hand woven individually so sizes may vary slightly but approximate measurements:
Basket base diameter: 27cm
Top basket length: 45cm
Basket height (not including handles): 38cm
- We aim to dispatch products within 2-3 business days.
- We offer a $10 flat rate for shipping around Australia.
- For delivery outside of Australia, shipping rates will be calculated at check out.
- Delivery time varies by location but on average will take 1 – 3 business days to metro areas and up to 7 business days to rural or regional areas including WA, and NT.
Please see our Shipping policy for further details.
Here at Adinkra Designs, we bring you genuine hand crafted arts from Africa. Our products are made by skilful hands that know the meaning of hard work. Our products are not made by machines, mass-produced and cut to precision. Here you will see that no two products are ever truly the same.
There will be imperfections, but we accept this as part of the individual beauty and character of the item. You are not just buying an item made in Africa, you are taking home a piece of Africa and your product has journeyed far! Enjoy it’s beauty for all it’s flaws and be proud to know your purchase has made an impact on someone’s life. Click below for further information about our products, how they are made and materials used.About Bolga Baskets
Bolga Baskets can be cleaned using water. We do not recommend the use of soaps or cleaning product as this can affect the dyes used on the product. Baskets can get out of shape during their travels and this can be easily fixed. Simply soak the basket in water and reshape while the basket is damp. Dry in natural sunlight.Care Instructions
PRE ORDER for delivery end of September. Our hand woven African baskets are from Bolga in...
Our hand woven African baskets are from Bolga in Northern Ghana. Traditionally used to carry...
PRE ORDER for delivery late September. Our hand woven African baskets are from Bolga in...